Sunday, December 20, 2009

blizzard of 2009

Usually when the forecast calls for inclement weather in DC, it rarely amounts to much. I admit that I was skeptical when I heard the weekend forecast calling for a massive snow storm. "Yeah right", I thought to myself. "I'll believe it when I see it". Much to my delighted surprise, it really happened. We got 16.5" of snow this weekend in DC!!! Whoo-hooo!! We very rarely get snow that covers the ground in DC and to have this much at Christmas-time is awesome! Waking up to a white winter wonderland on Saturday morning was like a Christmas miracle. I heard on the news that DC hasn't had a white Christmas in 20 years and this was the 6th biggest snow storm in DC's history.
My dad and his girlfriend Lori were in town visiting us this weekend and thankfully made it in Friday before the snow hit. The snow changed our plans for the weekend a bit, but we made our own fun and still had a great weekend. Friday night we visited the National Christmas Tree and saw the White House. The tree is really beautiful and we had fun looking at all the little state trees with their personalized ornaments.

Saturday, Eddie had a killer idea for some snow fun with his snowboard and we all had a blast playing in the snow....check out the video below. We're buffing up on our video skills for Baby G. I have a feeling Baby G is going to be starring in A LOT of movies!






1 comment:

~enlightened1~ said...

OMG Eddie and the snowboard...pure comedy!! I'll have to challenge him to a snowboard race on the bunny slope...haha (after I learn how of course! It's on my list for 2010)

Great job with the video! I like the song too...who is it?? Don't forget I can do some pictures for you too...I need as much practice as I can get!