Sunday, March 22, 2009

spring has sprung

Friday was the first day of spring (and also my mom's birthday!).  It's still a bit chilly here but the flowers are popping up and the trees are beginning to bud.  


I love Spring and it's refreshing reminder that the grass will become green again, the flowers and trees will bloom, and the days will grow sunnier and longer.  My grandmother recently said, "I always look forward to March because it signalizes the closing of winter and the welcoming of spring... it means we made it through another winter and even if it's still cold, we know the warmer, sunnier days are just around the corner".  She's a smart lady.    


I took a walk around the Georgetown University campus on my lunch break on Friday and snapped some photos of the signs of spring. There are so many beautiful flowers that bloom in Spring.  Someday I hope to have a yard and look forward to planting a lot of flowers...tulips, daffodils, peonies, pansies, roses...I love them all! And then when you visit me I'll greet you with a bouquet of flowers, hand-picked from my flower garden. :-)   Until then, here are my flowers for you!

"If we had no winter, spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome" ~Anne Bradstreet


No comments: