Thursday, March 4, 2010

39 weeks!!

We're at 39 weeks....HORRAY!!!! I'm feeling really well. The baby has dropped continually lower and feels much heavier now. I'm honestly not feeling miserable or terribly uncomfortable like I hear a lot of women say they felt at this point. We're just super excited and anxious to meet our sweet baby. Every morning we wake up and wonder "is today THE day"? We're trying to be patient, but it's just so exciting!

I'm still doing yoga every morning at 4 am and swimming at least 3 times a week. By 4 am my hips and joints hurt too much to stay in bed, and I've found that if I just get up and do yoga for 30 minutes, I'm usually able to lay back down and sleep for another couple of hours. Swimming is AMAZING!! The weightless feeling in the water feels incredible and allows me to move in ways I otherwise can't. I can't get enough of it. I swim laps and do a lot of stretching in the water. After my laps, I swim on my back and focus on my breathing. I try to meditate and imagine the baby floating along with me in his or her own little water bubble. It's so relaxing and the only time I get to be on my back. My swimming suit is black and white, so I probably look like a big whale when I'm floating on my back, but I don't care. It's completely worth it! :-)

I'm still working and will continue to do so up until the end. I fortunately have my own office and am sitting most of the day behind a desk. Besides that, I work in a hospital and they could just wheel me upstairs if they had to. Each morning my co-workers wait with anticipation to see if I'll arrive to work. When I open the door, I get a big "Heeeyy! You're here!" I usually have the door to my office open throughout the day, and people pop their heads in frequently throughout the day to see if I'm there. If they don't find me, they've learned that I'm probably visiting my second office...the restroom. My office is at the end of a long hallway and the restroom is at the opposite end. I think I've worn a path in the flooring going between the two so often! It's really nice that my co-workers are so excited about the baby too, and I really appreciate all their support and concern. I can't hardly step outside my office without getting a high-five, thumbs-up, an "alright!", or a big smile from someone. This baby is very popular already!

Today I'm really feeling like the baby's birthday is right around the corner....I hope it's not just wishful thinking. We're ready when you are baby!


39 weeks + 1 day
38 weeks + 6 days

1 comment:

~enlightened1~ said...

AWWW and WOW!! So much growth since I've seen you in January! I can't wait!!