Monday, February 9, 2009

meet effie


Yesterday was a beautiful day in DC! It was about 65 degrees with beautiful blue skies. We went for a nice bike ride on the C & O Canal and then strolled through Georgetown. It was obvious that we weren't alone in our desire to be outdoors, soaking up the sun and unusually warm February weather. The canal paths and Georgetown were flooded with people enjoying the outdoors. One of my favorite places to do yoga is in Georgetown and after a good, sweaty yoga session I love to sit and relax on the wall of the canal located just outside the front door of the studio. Although we didn't do yoga Sunday we did perch ourselves on the tall brick wall along the canal and enjoyed people-watching, chatting and getting our dose of Vitamin D. Ahh, sun!

Biking around the city is by far my favorite way of getting around and I don't know what I would do without my girl, Effie. She's a silver-blue, F400 (hence the name Effie) Cannondale mountain bike and is the best bike a gal could ask for. I ride her to work most days and have had many awesome adventures with her. She's been in the rain, snow, sleet, hail, sun, mud, sand, rocks, grass, water,...and never skips a beat! She even did a triathlon with me a couple years ago. You rock Effie, thanks for the great rides!


No comments: