Thursday, February 26, 2009

baby food & a baby shower

It's been a crazy couple a weeks for me.  The oral surgery for my wisdom teeth turned out to be more complicated than expected.  I developed complications from the surgery and can honestly say that I've never experienced worse pain in my life!  The surgeon was super nice and I almost feel like we're family now with him and his staff after all the many visits and calls.  My sweet husband and friends were awesome and kept me fed with some truly delicious soups, smoothies and other mashed foods.   My friend Cara has a one year old and shared some of her delicious gourmet homemade baby food with me- that's a lucky baby I tell you!  Everyday I feel better- thanks for all your well wishes.

On to more fun things...Saturday I hosted a baby shower for a friend and her darling little baby boy.  He's just a little over a month old now and certainly got plenty of lovin' and snugglin' from all the ladies at the shower. The shower was held at one of my favorite tea places in DC.  It's a Chinese tea house called ching ching CHA in Georgetown.  The teas are wonderful and everything on their menu is delicious.  Upon choosing a tea, the ladies at the tea house present you with a teacup and teapot especially suited for brewing the particular tea you ordered.  They then teach you how to properly steep the tea and drink from the cup without spilling your loose tea leaves and flowers.  I also had fun creating the invitations with Asian rice paper and the favors were customized fortune cookies in take-out boxes.  Here's a few pictures from the tea house.






No comments: